Multicode 4140 Garage Remote
This looks like my remote, but how do I know if it's the right one?
1. Frequency: Check the back of your remote to make sure the frequency of the remote is 300mhz (megahertz).
2. Dip Switches: Open the battery compartment on your old garage door remote and look to see how many dip switches (tiny switches in a row) it has. If your old remote had 10 dip switches, then it's a match for this remote. If you don't have your old garage door remote, you can also look to see how many dip switches are on the back of your garage door opener (the overhead unit in your garage). The number of dip switches on the back of the opener is the same as on the remote.
Features and Specifications
- Multicode model 4140 hand held remote control
- 300 MHZ Frequency gate or garage door opener remote transmitter
- Two (2) sets of 10 Dip Switches with four (4) buttons, this item will operate up to four (4) gate or garage doors equipped with the Multicode system
- Visor clip, 9V battery and one year warranty included
- Compatible with ALL US Multicode gate or garage door opener systems
The Model 414001 4-Channel Visor Transmitter is a portable transmitter designed for automatic door and gate operator applications.
This transmitter is a four-channel device. Each button activates one of the four channels. The buttons feature raised dimples for easy, or vision-impaired identification. A visor clip is included. The transmitter is powered by a 9-volt battery and has a test/operate indicator.
The transmitter is Multi-Code format with two 10-position coding switches providing 512 possible codes for each channel. The transmitter will only activate receivers set with the same code.
The Model 414001 is compatible with 300 MHz Multi-Code receivers and Model 109950 and 302850 receivers.
Compatible with 300 MHz Multi-Code receivers
Supplied with visor clip
Easy access to battery and coding switches
Power: 9-volt battery
Codes: 512 codes for each channel (set by dip switches)
RF frequency: 300 MHz
Dimensions: 2.5″ W x 3.75″ H x 0.875″ D
Posted by Unknown on 28th Nov 2014
Very strong and durable. I make it fall sometimes and it has never broken.
Not too bad
Posted by Jerry on 11th Mar 2014
Read the instructions carefully and you won't have any problems with the set up. Accessing the battery is a little tricky but that's a small complaint for a great remote.
One remote for 4 doors
Posted by Arthur Roberts on 24th Mar 2014
I use this for my autoshop. The building is pretty large and has 4 garage bays with 4 doors. Up until one my old remotes died, I had 2 separate remotes but I found out I needed just one.
I wish I could comment on the set up but I had one of the guys at the auto shop who did it for me. It didn't take him that long to get them all working so I think it's easy enough.
Price is great!